Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day!



Happy St. Patrick's Day! St. Patrick's Day has always been an extra special day in my family, because it is also my grandmothers birthday.

Even though she is no longer with us, St. Parick's Day is always a day my kids and myself stop and reflect back on all the wonderful times we had with "Grandma Peg" as they called her. I always said if there was a picture in the dictionary beside the definition of the perfect grandmother, it would be of her. Everyone was welcome in her home, everyone was "honey" and her hugs were always warm and welcoming, and left you smelling of Estee Lauder.

She taught my kids how to play cards, how to fish, read them stories, and more important than anything showered them with love.

We love you and miss you Mamaw!





May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
And rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment